This policy governs the use by Vauxhall Printing Co Limited of your data which is available to us in connection with your use of the website. (the "site")
- We collect information to process your order, deal with your queries, guide and enhance your online experience, supply you with information in which you have expressed an interest and for record keeping. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (together being the "Data Protection Laws"), the data controller is Vauxhall Printing Co Ltd.
- You have the option at login, to elect not to receive marketing information (from us, our business partners or selected third parties) and also to tag your account as non-marketable to prevent exchange of the data collected with third parties.
- At any time you can change these options by editing your account details/emailing customer services. email@example.com
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
From you when you purchase a service or product from us, which will usually involve creating a Vauxhall Printing Co Ltd account. We will collect your full name, email address, telephone number, company name, billing and delivery details and you will be asked to provide a password.
From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical device information, including the device used to access our site (i.e. desktop, mobile or tablet);
- Information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), methods used to browse away from the page, whether our template designs have been downloaded and whether you have subscribed to our blog and/or mailing lists.
We do not anticipate collecting 'sensitive personal data' from you, within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 or a ‘special category of personal data’ within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation. For example, information about your health or ethnic origin. However, in the event that we wish to do so, you will be asked to expressly consent to the collection and processing of this Personal Data and are under no obligation to provide such consent.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information held about you at any time by contacting us. This service is free of charge.
Using Your Personal Information
The Personal Data of our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and conduct research (including creating statistical and testing information). We will not, however, use your Personal Data for automated profiling without your express consent.
- To allow us to contact you (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us that are similar to those that we have already provided to you or that we have a legitimate interest to contact you about, unless you have asked us not to do so.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
- We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- You acknowledge that many parts of the service provided on the Site may be provided by third-party service providers and not by us. You consent to us transferring your information to such third-party service providers for the purposes of dealing with your queries, orders and for record keeping.
- In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
- We may from time to time carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies for this purpose.
- If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- If you require further details of the credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies we engage from time to time, please write to our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out in the “comments or questions” section below.
In accordance with the Data Protection Laws, we adopt strict security measures to protect your Personal Data.
All Personal Data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the European Economic Area. We will not transfer your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area without your express consent. We also work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we do however transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Data. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose Personal Data to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer. If you have any reason to believe that your password may have been accessed by a third party, please contact us as soon as possible and we will take steps to reset that password.
We will retain your Personal Data for so long as we reasonable require the processing of it. Your Personal Data will then be deleted. This will usually be for a period of seven years or, if you have been inactive on the Website for a period of time, we may delete your Personal Data sooner at our discretion.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated in May 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Promotional offers from us & your Options
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
What are cookies?
Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Managing cookies’ information below of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent EU e-Privacy legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
Cookies we store
Here’s a list of the main non-functional cookies we use, and what we use them for:
Further information about cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window – please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
When you visit vauxhallprinting.co.uk you may notice some cookies that aren’t related to vauxhallprinting.co.uk. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from Google, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
vauxhallprinting.co.uk ‘share’ tools
If you take the opportunity to ‘share’ vauxhallprinting.co.uk content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
- For PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
- For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 10.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
- Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
- Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
- Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
- Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
- Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
- Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
Banner advertising on other websites
This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you’re viewing on vauxhallprinting.co.uk. The adverts may highlight alternative styles and colours as well as products from other categories deemed relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind these adverts is based on cookies. Find out more about cookies, and why and how we use them, via the ‘What are cookies’ section above.
Comments or questions?
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly.
E-mail communication is intended for the addressee only, is private and confidential, and is subject to the applicable terms and conditions. Access to e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised and should not be read if delivered in error. If you are not the intended recipient of e-mail and have received it in error, please send it back to us and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Orders are made to your specification and/or personalised by you, consequently you may not cancel the order once you have placed it and no refunds can be offered. In the unlikely event that an item doesn’t meet our published specification, a refund may only be given at the sole discretion of Vauxhall Printing Co Ltd Please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
The Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. An access request may be subject to an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You additionally have the right to ask for your Personal Data to be deleted or to be moved to another provider. These are sometimes referred to the ‘Right to Erasure’ and the ‘Right to Data Portability’.
Please contact us using the details set out in the “Comments or Questions” section if you wish to exercise any of those rights and we will be happy to assist.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office or, from 25th May 2018, the Data Protection Authority if you are unhappy about how we have dealt with your Personal Data. You can find the Information Commissioner’s Office’s website at https://ico.org.uk/